I just ordered this.
By some fluke of chance, because I’m not usually following Canada Post offerings, I saw a special edition, limited time offered collection featuring the Chinatown Gates in Canada. I must have it! A few weeks elapsed but I ended up remembering and ordered a souvenir sheet ($5) while I would dearly love to have the whole collection in a special folder ($88.88).
The folder, a fantastic gift for someone who is interested, includes the following:
- A numbered and imperforated pane of 8 stamps—exclusive to this set.
- A regular pane of 8 stamps, die cut in the shape of early Chinese coins, complete with centre hole.
- A 200-year-old Qing Dynasty coin and a 1,000-year-old Song Dynasty coin, like the ancient coins embedded in many of the gates.
- A 16-page full colour booklet with a history of the origins of these gates and a description of each Canadian gate in English, French and Chinese.
- A certificate of authenticity.
- A red leather-like folder traditionally embossed with a detailed image of a well-known gate in China.
- Only 8,888 Chinatown Gates Collection were produced—grab yours today!
Images from canadapost.ca.